Missed the August 2020 intake?
Contact us to join the waiting list for early 2021.
The Strategic skills for emerging leaders course is a unique opportunity for emerging leaders:
- Officers and assistants
- Specialists and generalists
- Team leaders and coordinators
- Early-career and middle managers
Learn how to demonstrate your potential as a strategic leader, both within your organisation and more broadly in your professional discipline.
- 8 x 1-hour sessions over 3 months
- Practical skills you can use right now
Extraordinary times require a humane response
Organisations in the public and not-for-profit sectors face a range of urgent challenges:
- safely maintaining essential services for clients and staff
- adapting to online-only and blended modes of service delivery
- supporting teams and individuals who are trying to work effectively under extraordinary constraints
Already some people are looking toward the future.
What kind of world, what kind of society, do we want to see emerge from this crisis?
How can we, as individuals and professionals, contribute to creating and nourishing new ways of working in the 21st century?
This leadership development program prepares you to lead meaningful change within your organisation. (Read Meredith’s article on LinkedIn: Strategic steps towards a new normal)
The course runs from 18 August to late November 2020, plus a final networking/social session in December.
Online sessions are held every second Tuesday at 1.00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). (check your local timezone)
- Monitoring the emotional wellbeing of co-workers in a remote-working context (read Meredith’s article on LinkedIn: Wellbeing: what does it mean to you, now?)
- Maintaining your own professional energy and flexibility
- Capturing key learnings from what’s happening across the public and business sectors
- Gaining insight and collecting ideas for innovation
- Understanding the practical, ethical and strategic factors that decision-makers currently face
- Demonstrating your capability as a strategic thinker and workplace leader
The online working sessions are held fortnightly. Each session is 1 hour. This is where we meet and connect, share our experience and insights, and introduce new concepts and themes.
In between the online sessions, you will be asked to complete various tasks such as:
- Background reading
- Practising with new skills and tools
- Talking with co-workers
- Reflecting on and capturing their thoughts
You can invest as much (or little) time in these tasks as you wish. A regular routine of 15 minutes of focused activity, at the start or end of each working day, is ideal.
The A$420 course fee includes:
- all 8 online sessions
- access to background readings, templates and other resources
- and the opportunity to get personalised feedback and coaching during the program.
A portion of your registration fee will be automatically donated to education programs for girls (details are on the registration page).